Project Edit 365 is one year old! What a year! A year ago I was stuck in a rut with photography and blogging, both. I wanted to be motivated to post more and I wanted to do something with my photography.
For the whole year, each day, I took a photo I had previously taken in the month I was in (from previous years), and edited it using Lightroom. I only forgot two maybe three times to post. I would remember the next day and post. There were some times that I would use a picture from the current month if I had a good picture to edit.
I liked the idea of limiting myself to the month I was in. It forced me to look at my old photos and figure out how to make them better. Even if they were obvious throw aways. There were months where I wondered if I would have enough material to do an edit a day (I’m looking at you, in particular, December!) — but I managed it. There are months, like January, where I have so many pictures left over I wish I were editing more than one pic a day.
The blogging aspect wasn’t as successful. I did post a picture every day, but I didn’t post more about everyday life, or homeschooling, or our move, or any number of things. I do hope to get better about that. I had to create a separate blog for Project Edit 365, because my Not So SAHM blog ran out of storage space! I actually should have done that from the beginning.
I’m glad I created the new blog (go over there and follow me!). Maybe I’ll continue my photo edits over there, not every day, but regularly. I’ve started my business now, VSD Photography, and although it has its own website and blog, I don’t plan on putting personal pictures over there.
So, here’s my last picture of my year-long editing project/challenge. It is of my older daughter holding her newborn sister — 31 January 2007. Thank you so much for coming along this ride with me!
Oh my, the original photo. This was taken on whatever camera we had at the time. The horrible date in the corner. The so bright flash. I first tried black and white and didn’t care for the look. I used a preset and adjusted the sliders a little bit. I also used two adjustment brushes. One on Reagan’s eyes and one on her face. Here is the harsh original:
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~